The ideal snack when you’re on the go, these chocolaty homemade granola squares are chock full of rolled oats, dried fruits and studded with M&M’S.
1 1/2 cups M&M’S Milk Chocolate Candies, divided
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 176°C. Grease and line 13- x 9-inch metal pan with enough foil to overhang sides. Spray with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir together rolled oats, almonds, apricots, raisins and salt.
3. In saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, honey and corn syrup to boil over medium heat; boil, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
4. Pour butter mixture over oats mixture, stirring to coat; let stand for 2 minutes. Stir in half of the M&M’S. Scrape into prepared pan, pressing firmly and evenly.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack. Use foil overhang to lift from pan; cut into squares.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack. Use foil overhang to lift from pan; cut into squares..
7. Drizzle melted chocolate over squares; sprinkle with remaining M&M’S. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until set.