- 90g Caster sugar
- 120g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 135g Self-raising gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 100ml Skimmed milk
- 56g Galaxy Smooth Milk Chocolate
Cream for icing and filling:
- 80g Greek yoghurt
- 90g Soft cheese
- 60g Icing sugar
- 115g Cream
- 115g Chocolate
- 10g Cocoa
- 115g Cream
- 85g Chocolate
- 100g Cherries
- Start heating the oven to 180C. - Beat softened butter with sugar until soft.
- Mix in eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, xanthan gum (optional) and baking powder.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder in the dough and mix it.
- Cut or grate your chocolate to small pieces and mix it in the dough.
- If you want double tier cake, separate the dough in ¼ for smaller tin (11cm) and ¾ for bigger tin (18.5cm).
- Bake bigger one for 60-70 minutes and the smaller one for 30-40 minutes.
Icing and filling:
- Whisk soft cheese, yoghurt, and sugar together.
- Separate the mass in half and put it in different bowls (Bowl A will be for icing and bowl B will be for filling).
- Melt 200g chocolate.
- With spatula slowly whisk the chocolate to cool it down.
- Whisk in 115g of chocolate in bowl A.
- Whisk in 85g of chocolate in bowl B.
- Sift 10g cocoa powder into bowl A and mix it.
- Cut cherries into 4 pieces each and mix it in bowl B.
- When the cake layers are baked, let them cool down on their own.
- If you want double tier, horizontally cut in half each tier. If you baked one tier, cut it in three.
- Spread your filling in between all layers.
- Spread icing on top of the cake and sprinkle a bit of cocoa powder (optional).